Below are messages that trigger SOAP faults, which are not passed on to the authorization system and will not be logged. These fault messages will be reported on the FIS Operator Console (both test and production).
The PCA Web Service may throw SOAP faults in the following format:
FAULT DESCRIPTION may be any of the following:
- INVALID TRANSACTION ID
The required Transaction ID was either omitted or exceeded the maximum length of 36 characters.
- INVALID SSN
The SSN exceeded the maximum of 9 characters.
- INVALID SWIPED ID
The Swiped ID barcode data exceeded the maximum of 2096 bytes.
- INVALID MICR LINE
The MICR line exceeded the maximum of 65 characters.
- CHECK MICR LINE REQUIRED FOR THE FINANCIAL TRANSACTION
The MICR line was omitted in check cashing data.
- Check MICR ENTRY TYPE REQUIRED FOR THE FINANCIAL TRANSACTION
Entry type was omitted in check cashing data
- INVALID CHECK AMOUNT
The Check amount was missing, not properly formatted, or exceeded the maximum amount.
- ‘XXXXXX’ IS NOT A VALID XML ELEMENT NAME
A custom attribute name was not valid. Custom attribute names, if any will be supplied by Certegy.
- MAXIMUM ATTRIBUTE NAME LENGTH EXCEEDED
A custom attribute name exceeded the maximum length of 10 characters.
- CERTEGY INTERNAL SYSTEM ERROR
An error has occurred at Certegy while processing the transaction.
- TRAN TYPE MISSING OR INVALID
The TranType field must indicate “E” for enrollment or “C” for check authorization (use “C” for a combined Enrollment plus check authorization transaction).
- ENROLLMENT ONLY TRANSACTION SHOULD NOT HAVE CHECK
The TranType was “E” for enrollment only but the transaction included a Check.
- MAXIMUM ATTRIBUTE VALUE LENGTH EXCEEDED
The Amount Field has been exceeded, ver 1.2 lower
- VERSION IS INVALID
Correct Authroization Request version and re-submit
- CHECK CASHING TRANSACTION IS MISSING CHECK INFORMATION
Missing MICR information